When you think about a romantic evening for Valentine’s Day, Tulsa, Oklahoma is not the place that comes to mind. A walk through the arts district, a casual dinner, or maybe a movie is a very romantic evening. However, there are many different things you can do to make sure your day is special. If you’re looking for something unique, we have some ideas for you!
Here Are Seven Very Special Valentine Dates That Will Be Very Remembered:
A VALENTINES AFFAIR- LOVERS & FRIENDS
Come out for a night of music, food, and love on Valentine’s Day! The Oklahoma Xpeerience presents Lovers & Friends with live performances by Sincere Grant as well as Braylon Dedmon.
They will be joined by other local musicians who’ve been waiting in the wings to take their turn at this event all year long. You won’t want to miss it.
If you’re looking forward to finding someone special or just need some background noise while thinking deeply about what gift ideas might make sense this time around for Valentine’s Day.
An Athletes Valentine- Sweetheart Run
It’s love in the air! Come join the festivities for the Valentine’s Day 5k run. It will be held right here in Tulsa at Fleet Feet Sports – Blue Dome, 418 E. 2nd St. On February 13th, which also happens to be National Signing Day (for college athletes). They will be hosting it together with Cyclone Country 98.5 FM and TLO to assist the Boys & Girls Clubs of Tulsa.
- The post-race party will be held at Fleet Feet Sports Blue Dome.
- This is where you can get your Valentine’s Day shopping done while enjoying some sweet treats.
- It’s also Cyclone Country 98.5 FM’s favorite time of the year because they’ll get to introduce you to all our local vendors.
- The run starts at 8:30-10:30 a.m.
- This year all entrants will receive a custom Pom Beanie Hat
Whether you and that special someone are competitive or not, the bonding over a marathon is not to be forgotten. The stories and the memories of a race bring people together. Valentine’s Day is a time where many couples get engaged. What better way to have something you can cherish forever, but to have it happen while running through one of the most iconic cities in America?
A Dramatic Valentine- Ballet Vendetta, A Mafia Story February 12, 2022
Nothing is more romantic than dressing up to see a play or ballet. Leaving the norm behind. Step back into yesteryear when a couple could go to see a ballet and just enjoy the time together. Nothing better than going to see something everyone will enjoy.
- This Year Tulsa Performing Art 110 E. 2nd St., Tulsa presents Vendetta, A Mafia Story.
- In the 1950s, Chicago is home to Rosalia Carbone.
- There is a violent death on her wedding day that starts an old feud between notorious mob families.
- The Godfather, the family’s feared patriarch, dies in a gun battle.
- Rosalia takes his place.
- Vendetta is a thrilling dance drama full of red-hot passion.
You can start or end the evening with dinner by going over the story and the enjoyment of the occasion. Most guys love a good mafia story and a growing number of women too. When you mix in a good romance, it cannot be beaten. This would be a Valentine to remember. It all starts February 12, 2022, at 8 p.m.
A Music Filled Valentine- Bernadette Peters in Concert Feb 14, 2022
Again getting a little dressed up makes for a magical and romantic evening. If you mix that with one of Broadway’s most enduring musical actresses. It will be an evening to remember.
- Bernadette Peters is a legend of Broadway musical theater, as well as being one of the most popular actresses on stage.
- With a career that spans over three decades, she’s been recognized for her work on stage as well as film with multiple Tony Awards. Her resume includes “Best Actress in a Musical.”
- This explosive performer has put together an unforgettable holiday concert this Valentine’s Day weekend at Stillwater Opera House; make sure you don’t miss out!
Ms. Peters has been in many movies that children and adults alike have enjoyed like Annie, The Jerk, Pennies From Heaven, and many more. There are not many people who get to enjoy an entertainer of this caliber in person.
A Masked Valentine- Valentine Masquerade Ball Sat Feb 12, 2022
Checotah’s Valentine Masquerade Ball is a place of mystery and romance. An upscale experience of more than 500 of your closest friends. This is an opportunity for you to create everlasting memories with that special someone while enjoying a night filled with dancing, food, and entertainment.
- If you are looking to do something different this year on Valentine’s day this might be it. It is an all-in-one place setting for a night of luxury, dancing, music, and catered dinner and dessert.
- You can be your own Cinderella’s or Prince Charmings.
The Masquerade Ball will be held at the historic Riverside Hotel in Checotah. It all starts at 4 pm. Dressed in your best, go find the perfect ball masque to wear. Memories don’t just happen. Let yourself go and enjoy yourself with that special someone.
A Foodies Valentine- Tulsa’s Club Hotel Restaurant The Chamber Feb. 11 & 12
Are You and your special someone a foodie? You do not want to miss this. On Friday, February 11th and Saturday, February 12th, dine to celebrate Valentine’s Day a day early at Chamber Restaurant. Chef Demarcus Kelly has devised a unique prix fixe dinner that will delight the senses with each course.
- Candlelight strolls, live music, and after-dinner cocktails at Tulsa Club’s Commerce Bar.
- You may listen to the talented Oklahoma musician and Jazz Hall of Fame Inductee Justin Echols’ smooth jazz sounds.
The Emmy-Award nominee has experienced a remarkable ascent on the regional and national contemporary jazz scene, putting together projects with Kristen Chenoweth.
A Mysterious Valentine- Clue- Onstage February 11th & 12th
As a child or even an adult, you may have played the board game Clue. Maybe you have seen the 1980’s movie of the same title. Come out and relive your childhood memories with that special someone.
- Clue is a hilarious farce-meets murder mystery.
- The play combines nostalgia for classic 80’s movies with the iconic Hasbro board game Cluedo.
- The story begins at an isolated mansion where six guests assemble to attend a dinner party led by Wadsworth -the butler, Miss Scarlett, Professor Plum Mrs. White Mr. Green, Mrs. Peacock, and Colonel Mustard speeds to discover the murderer as the body count rises.
Clue is witty who done it that will leave both cult followers and newcomers giggling as they attempt to figure out “who-dun-it” and importantly “how”.
People are going to have lavish, candlelit dinners with wine and spend a larger-than-life bouquet to express their love for a loved one. When the money is not in the budget to do that, a magnificent Valentine’s date will need to be postponed until next year. There might be a family and kids involved and not much money left in the budget.
Here Are Seven Budget Valentine Dates to Remember:
A Bubble Bath
- Run that special person a hot bath. Add some nice scented candles, fluffy towels, and bubbles.
- The important part is to let them soak and relax. Allow them to feel special and pampered.
- If the tub is large enough, later on, join them.
- Rent your favorite movie, make or buy some film snacks, and snuggle up in front of the television.
Redo That First Date.
- Did you share a bagel for your first date?
- Why not re-create it?
- Try it with the kids and make it even more special?
Try Dessert Out
- Leave the youngsters with Grandma for an hour or so.
- Then go to a nice restaurant for dessert!
- It’s far less expensive than a three-course dinner, but it’ll be just as memorable.
- Pack a picnic with some delectable snacks, grab a blanket, and head to your favorite spot.
- Choose a beautiful park with views of the sea or even just your yard.
- To get the romance flowing, consider putting some tealight candles in a jar!
Hide Secret Notes
- Create a selection of love notes and place them in your partner’s pockets, lunch bag, briefcase, etc so they may find them throughout the day.
- That special person will be ready to spend extra time with you.
- Because you have been in their head all day long.
A Family Affair.
- The ones you love are the reason for Valentine’s Day.
- Have your children help prepare a meal to commemorate the occasion.
- As a family, dine by candlelight.
- Enjoy a sumptuous dessert just for you and your spouse after everyone has gone to bed!
Remember Romance Is Here In Tulsa
No matter what you decide to do on Valentine’s Day, remember that romance is here in Tulsa. You can find plenty of events and attractions that will help you create a memorable date. There is something for everyone, so you can find the perfect event that will fit your personality and your budget. Do not let Valentine’s day pass without doing something new, exciting, and memorable with that special someone!